Tuesday, July 5, 2011

July 5

This is one of the greatest days of the year.


Why?


Because it's your birthday.


Yes, I remembered. I hope I never forget.


You know how people say, "This year will be better than last year," or, "That was when I had the most fun."


Don't listen to them.


Every day should be the best day.


Now, you're one year older.


I wish I could say more.


I wish I could give you a gift.


One that you would love.


Something for your artistry.


Pastels maybe. I bet you would love those.


You were always so patient with your drawings.


Trust me, I learned what it was like to put yourself into your drawings.


Every piece of art that you drew, I knew was perfect. I didn't go about it that way, but they are.


Why?


Because they have you in them.


Now I'm drifting.


The best thing I can say right now.


That's. . .


Happy Birthday.

No comments:

Post a Comment