Saturday, May 19, 2012

Watercolor

A few weeks ago I really got into watercolor paints.


I was inspired by MaryDoodles on YouTube.
What a great way to deal with the love of videos and the love of art.
The video of hers that really got me is called Time Machine.


I fell in love with the story, the music she used, and the style of art/medium.


Watercolor, this is where I start.
I never saw art from this perspective.
I was always more goal oriented rather than enjoying the adventure.


Again, this one person from my past that I refer so much to, has taught me to do so.
I now know what it feels like to put yourself into your art.
So much to display and wanting to get everything perfect. The way I wanted it to come out.
This isn't entirely what she taught me, but my take in addition to her perspective.


Like I said, goal oriented, and also a perfectionist.
So, her p.o.v. combined with mine.
A brand new perspective! Taadaa!


Watercolor, my first one was of a professional triathlete named Chrissie Wellington.
Cool human being that won the IronMan World Championship Triathlon.


My second project was a video game character that I used to dream of being.
From the great series, The Legend of Zelda, Link.


Now I am going to do picture of a cartoon dog that speak, yeah, she speaks and speaks and speaks. -.-' get it? I'm doing it for my neice because we used to watch that all of the time. I mean. . .when I was taking care of her, she loved to watch it. XD Nah, I loved it too!


So, this is what I'm doing for now. In my free time that is. I'm still working at my car dealership and enjoying every minute of it. I get to meet a ton of people and observe different character dynamics.


Watercolor, I used to just love red, silver, grey, white and black. Now, I love color! I am very fond of Red and that will always dominate all colors for me. But lately, I've been very appealed to purple, yellow and blue for some reason. Season of life I guess?


Yeah, watercolor.

No comments:

Post a Comment