Friday, March 25, 2011

Carbon Fiber Umbrella

I was talking with a new buddy of mine, Trevor, today.


We had a conversation about Mary Poppins and what it would be like to glide using an umbrella.
At MCC we have these table that have metal umbrellas on them.


We then, in our very limited intelligence, tried to figure out how to conceptualize an umbrella that would make this Mary Poppins fable possible.


We figured that metal wouldn't do any good so we said it should be carbon fiber.
He said it should be like a corkscrew design. Then he wanted it to rotate so he wouldn't lose control.


Then changing direction became an issue.


So he said, if he put a corkscrew design on the bottom, that would help.


I said, "NO! NO WAY! If you want to change direction at a good pace, then you're going to need something that would create friction, not minimize it. You're gonna need some electrograviticpropulsion."


He gave me a confused face and replied, "What?"


"Electrograviticpropulsion! So you can split the gravity around you with electricity and be able to move in any direction that you want. You can even stand still if you wanted to."


"How on earth would I be able to do that."


"Just get some enriched uranium." I said with a calm voice.


"Where am I going to get uranium?"


"No, enriched uranium."


"Okay, where am I going to get enriched uranium?"


"You get enriched uranium from uranium."


"Ba-what?! I just asked where do you get enriched uranium and your answer is uranium?"


"Yes."


"Then where do you get uranium."
I became silent and started to laugh. Our friend Lamech walked over and got into our "oh so intelligent" conversation. He said, that he wouldn't be able to even hold on. Trevor replied, "I can just use clips."


I rebutted in a voice of audacity with, "You can't use clips!!!! You'll get stuck to it and won't be able to escape from it if something bad happens. You should use rope with a suicide wrap." XD My favorite part. I barely knew what the suicide wrap was and said it was better when I'm pretty sure it isn't.


They then got off topic and started talking about something else. I then bluntly just said, "Enriched uranium." and laughed and walked off.


The best part of leaving with a loud last sentence is seeing how many people were listening to our conversation.


I love people.

No comments:

Post a Comment