Sunday, December 5, 2010

Cycling and Honeydew

Some of my greatest moments were on my bike.

Losing my teeth and almost my face when I was young was a good one.
I stole my sister's bike, when I was younger. Around eight years old.
This bike was extremely girly. I'm talking pink and purple, with a glittery frame.
So, that was my first fail.
The bike was also to big for me.
Second fail.
And, lastly, I got rammed into and smashed my face into the road. Those mean roads where it's just rock with tar over it.
Third best fail ever!

My second hilarious event was when I was riding on Crismon road. I was on my mountain bike. I was in the bike lane and didn't realize that it curved tremendously.
I saw the side walk come out of nowhere and tried to stop. It didn't work and I hit the curb and my feet went flying up to the handle bars. It was great because there was plenty of traffic and I'm sure people saw me.

Then I got my new road bike a while ago.
I went about forty miles on it and wanted to go another lap.
Well, my body had other plans.
There's this four mile drop on Usery Pass and the second time I went around,
it took all of the air out of me.
I got to the bottom of the hill and couldn't breath.
It was hilarious. I felt ridiculous. That was my Denali bike.

Same bike, different day.
I was biking the route and saw this man walking.
He was a lobster and looked wiped out.
So, I turned around to head back to him to offer him a drink or some food.
My bike didn't like that apparently.
The handle went berserk causing my front wheel to go insane as well.
It swung from left to right about six or seven times until I was able to get control over it again.
Not only that, but the man I was wanting to help gave me a look like I was weird.

Again, same Denali bike, different day.
I was going through Red Mountain park and then I got to this one point.
I don't know what happened, it might have been a rock.
But whatever I hit, it stopped my bike completely sending forward and smashing my junk.

And the honeydew, it's my favorite.

Good times.

No comments:

Post a Comment