Tuesday, December 14, 2010

Treadmill and the stationary

Does everybody else run on a treadmill except me?
I hate the treadmill.

I love running. It's where I started my triathlon training. Cycling became my favorite part though. And water has never really been my friend. So, I'll learn to love the water, later. I got some new shoes a while ago and they are great. A little wide though. I never knew shoes to be wide like these ones. Once they wear out, I'll get thinner ones. Cross trainers I hope.

Anyways, the treadmill has always been boring for me. At the gym, I would run on it and be so incredibly bored because it was facing a mirror. I don't know about anybody else, but I hate looking in the mirror. It's not that I hate the way I look, I just don't want to see myself or anybody else behind me working up a sweat. It's gross. Well, my treadmill isn't like the ones at the gym. It only goes a measly 10mph at it's max.

COME ON!!!! HOW SLOW IS THAT?!?!?! GRAH!!!!

Wimpy is what I say. It was always great when I came into the gym wearing compression clothing. People would look at me and pay attention to a place where I didn't want them to pay attention. My quads. I'm just joking. I only went to the gym once wearing compression clothing. People stared at me like I was an alien. They were all wearing sweats or a T-shirt and basketball shorts.

HA! After that one time I came in compressions, they all decided it was cool to do the same thing. The worst part was that they didn't even break a sweat!

WHAT'S THE POINT OF THE $100 SUIT IF IT ISN'T GOING TO BE PROPERLY USED?!

That reminds me of the stationary bicycles at the gym. They aren't stationary TT bikes, they're stationary cruiser bikes.

WHAT?!

How are you supposed to get a work out on that? Fixed gear? Ok. Not these though. Ridiculous. So, to try and improve the form, I would lean forward and put my elbows on the handlebars. I got plenty of looks. As if I didn't know how to ride a bicycle. HA! I know more about bicycles than many of those people there. Haha! Pedaling with their heels and having a low cadence of 20 on level 5 and saying they had a great workout. NO! Not a chance! Pedaling doesn't not consist of using your heels! You pedal with your metatarsals! I'm over on that lame stationary in a TT position with a nice cadence of 120 on level 15 and I'm the one who doesn't know how to cycle.

PISH POSH!

Oh well, I'd rather run outside anyways. And I did.
I'd rather cycle on the roads too! That I did as well.

No comments:

Post a Comment