Monday, April 25, 2011

Bad Week for Cycling

So this past week was strange for me and my bikes.


MONDAY:
I was going to campus when a kid asked me where the corner store was. I said, "Yeah, there's one just down the street right there." Then he said, "Oh, no, I'm looking for a Kmart." I gave him a stare and said, "That's to far from here, you can't get there by walking." Then he asked, "Can you help me get there?" The light had turned green and I was about to bike off to campus. It had finally dawned on me that this kid was on his own walking in the middle of nowhere heading towards a place he doesn't even know. I asked him, "Why are you here on your own?" He told me school got out early. IT WAS 8:30 A.M.!!!! WHAT?!?! SCHOOL LASTED FOR THIRTY MINUTES?!?!?!?! I tried to keep my cool because I don't like children and he's trying to lie to me. I didn't have my phone, but luckily some other kids at a bus stop had theirs. He tried calling home, but didn't get through. He had the audacity to say, "Oh, that's ok, I'll find my way." He turned away from us and decided to walk in the direction of nothing but desert. I was almost relieved when he said that, then again, I realized, that he's a kid and shouldn't be on his own. I called him to come back. I then called my parent to see if she could help him home. I didn't know what else to do. She finally got him home and I was late to class. I didn't even have my book or my belt. What a Monday.


Tuesday:
I have night classes on Tuesdays and Thursdays. So, I take my road bike to get there faster and home faster. I wear my cycling clothing as well, and as you know, those are tights. This lady is sitting at smoking area table and howls at me. I look back and I shake my head thinking that was all that was going to happen. She then asked if she could spank me. I quickly ran off into the men's restroom to change. Nastiest woman ever.


Wednesday:
I've told this story many of times and it's still terrible. I was biking with my brother's red cruiser and I don't normally look down at all when I cycle. This was weird, I felt compelled to look down, almost as if somebody was whispering in my ear to look down. Then I noticed a little bird hopping and I tried so hard to turn the wheel. . . . .but it was to late. I had run over the little bird and smashed it to road pizza. And what's worse! It got stuck to my wheel! EW!!!! I felt so terrible that I cried out, "WHAT DID I JUST DO?!?!" I later told my friend Karen and she told me that I was gross. I didn't mean to. Then she tried to comfort me by telling me, I probably kept it from a life of misery, so it's not all bad. XD Who is the worse one now?


Thursday:
I had just gotten to campus when I felt like I was overtraining. That weariness and exhaustion is completely lame. I don't even go that far to get to campus! Five miles and I felt so weak. I didn't over train, my body just felt like it. I don't know why. I wonder if I ate anything that day. I don't think so. Well, that solves that case!


Friday:
Now this was just terrible. I was coming home from campus and I was almost home when this happened. I was racing a truck with my brother's cruiser. Then, the chain snaps off and I fish tailed with the cruiser. It's not meant for speed so I was practically begging for this. I fish tailed and then my left foot went inside the frame of the bike, the pedal smashed into my foot and the handle bars rotated and locked my leg into the bike. It slid for a good ten feet onto the hot rock tar road and dragged me with it. I landed on my left arm and didn't feel a thing. Oh that's good, right? *Nods head in disagreement* I thought I had just burnt my hand on the rubber of the handle bars, but then the lady in the truck stopped, came out, and tried to help me up. Then she said, "Oh my goodness, you're arm!" I didn't know what she was talking about and I thought she meant my hand. I thought I broke my leg because I was locked into that bike pretty good. I checked my leg and she said that wasn't the problem, it was my arm. I then looked at my left arm and saw that a lot of skin had been torn off and there were rocks from the hot road embedded into my arm. I tried to pluck it out, but it was melted into me as if they were supposed to be there. I didn't feel it until after she showed it to me and then it burnt like insanity. So I got home and having a first aid class, I knew exactly what to do. I was able to stay calm and treat myself. My sister sprayed the wounds with disinfectant and it hurt so badly that I almost threw up. I dressed the wounds and it's feeling pretty good now.


Here it is:


All of the black bits are the road rocks. I cleaned it and scrubbed it pretty good.


WHAT A WEEK!!!!!

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for stopping by my blog! I'm so glad you are reading and enjoying it. Good luck on your quest and let me know if I can ever be of any help! I'll try! Take care!

    ReplyDelete