Monday, May 2, 2011

Going Classic

One of my greatest fears in life was E.T.


I know he's not real or anything, but for most of my life he was the scariest thing ever to me!


Recently, I watched E.T. online and got freaked out so bad.
To the point where I kicked myself away from the computer, turned to speaker down and started to cry.
Do you know the part where Elliot finds E.T.? The part where he's in the crops and then screams? XD
That part got me. So terrible.


I recently got the movie on DVD. (Again, when I say recently, I mean in the past two or three years.)
So, I got the DVD for ten bucks at Target.


There was another part where E.T. was watching T.V. and saw a space craft "beaming" people up.
He had this weird look on his face.
So, my brother made the comment. "Looks vintage," as if E.T. was saying it.
XD I took it even further by saying, "Hmm, vintage, Somebody's going classic."


It was the best moment of the movie.


And that's my intro.


I got this vintage cruiser from my father last week.
I was fixing up my brother's and found it in the front yard.
My father got it from one of his customers. And by got it, I mean they left it for him after they've. . . .you know. . . .finished their earthly time?


So I decided to keep busy with it this past week, since I couldn't ride. I injured my ribs, just in case you didn't know. =D So, no training for a month. Or so the doc says.


I just finished repairing the handlebars and it's a beauty!


New chain and everything else is original! I'm going to replace the handle grips though. They were all crusty and ripped. Good idea yes?


I think my next project will be restoring my parent's vintage tandem cruiser. It's a gorgeous green schwinn.
I hope to ride it with my future wife.


That's a goal, right? =D I'm pretty excited about it.

1 comment:

  1. Thank you for dropping by my blog, I really appreciate it! =) I enjoyed E.T. very much...but not when I was a kid. Ahahaha. I watch it now because of the then little Drew Barrymore. Haha. Feel better soon! God bless! :D

    ReplyDelete