Monday, May 30, 2011

The running start.

Running has always been a passion of mine. I never used to run so much, but I loved doing it. Getting into triathlons has allowed me to express my love for running. Sometimes I would go for hours and not stop running. The pain was only an encouragement.

Where running is easy, finding the right running shoes isn't.

A few years ago, I got these shoes from a common store. Nothing high priced; cheap in fact. These shoes never got worn down. I don't know why. I've had them for years and they're still good! If you're an avid runner like me, you would know how surprised I am. Up until recently there was still tread on them, they were still cushion-y, and still comfy.

I starting distance running about two years ago. 10 January 2009 to be exact. I had gotten separated from the person who I loved most. We sort of had a long distance relationship. The distance was 13.1 miles. So, I would say every now and then when we were together that if I had a bike, I would bike to her house just to see her for five minutes then go back home. She was flattered.

After we got separated, I still didn't have a bike, so I ran. I didn't make it completely the first time. I was about one street away when I got full of fear. I turned around and headed home. The second time, I made it. She never knew. I never told her. I never told anybody until now. I would do this constantly. Probably twice a week. I kept this up for a while. The time kept getting shorter and shorter, but still lengthy.

I had just bought new shoes about a month before we got separated. I used these shoes to run to her house.

The shoes now are finally worn out. They're still comfy, but they hurt to run in. So, it's time for them to retire.
I'm going to spray paint them gold and get them into a glass case. They are my reward. They got me started for the Ironman triathlon.

No comments:

Post a Comment